What information are you collecting and how are you collecting it?
Do you collect IP addresses?
Every computer connected to the Internet is given a domain name and a set of numbers, that serve as that computer’s “Internet Protocol” IP address. When a visitor requests a page from any Web site within the J&K Apartments website network, our Web servers automatically recognize that visitor’s domain name and IP address. The domain name and IP address reveal nothing personal about you other than the IP address from which you have accessed our Sites. We use this information to examine our traffic in aggregate, and to investigate misuse of the J&K Apartments website, its users, or to cooperate with law enforcement. We do not collect and evaluate this information for specific individuals. Our Web servers do not automatically record e-mail addresses of the visitors.
What are cookies?
How do you use single-pixel gifs?
J&K Apartments and its advertisers may use single-pixel gif images, sometimes referred to as web bugs or web beacons, to count Web page accesses and gather some general statistical information. J&K Apartments does not gather personal information through the use of these images. Our advertisers may use single-pixel gifs that can track personal information from cookies that may have been previously placed on a user’s computer by an advertiser.
What personal information do you collect?
We may request your e-mail address or mailing address for the purposes of conducting a contest or to provide additional services (for example, subscriptions to announcement lists or information about conferences and trade shows). Participation in contests or other promotions on the J&K Apartments Network is completely voluntary and you have a choice whether or not to disclose personal information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as post/zip code). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes.
J&K Apartments also offers access to some services that require registration. We may use your registration contact information to send notification to you of products and services by e-mail and/or postal mail. We may share that information with our clients and they may also send you promotional materials. We may also use your IP address internally and share it with third parties.
When you sign up for a J&K Apartments e-mail newsletter, you are given the opportunity to sign up for targeted third-party mailings. Whether or not you want to receive these announcements is your choice. If you choose to receive an announcement from a specific distribution list, you will receive commercial messages from independent third parties that have contracted with J&K Apartments to send messages to the list. You may stop the arrival of these announcement lists at any time by removing your e-mail address from the list by forwarding the announcement list to email@example.com or by following the instructions on the e-mails you receive.
When you use co-branded services, or those provided by a third party, within the J&K Apartments network, your information may be passed to the co-brand or third party provider and their use of your information is subject to their applicable privacy policies.
We may from time to time send e-mail announcing new products and services. If you choose to supply your postal address in an online form, you may receive postal mailings from J&K Apartments or third party companies.
Will you disclose the information you collect to outside third parties?
J&K Apartments will disclose personal information and/or an IP address:
- To contact you regarding other products and services which may be of interest to you (including those we may offer jointly with other companies). At any time, however, you may opt out of such contact;
- When required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities and conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on J&K Apartments;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the J&K Apartments of sites and related properties, or visitors to the J&K Apartments network of sites and related properties;
- Identify persons who may be viliating the law, the J&K Apartments legal notice and Web site User Agreement, the rights of third parties, or otherwise misusing the J&K Apartments Web site or its related properties;
- Fulfill a user’s order or request;
- To process and fulfill your order or notify you of order status;
- When we have your consent to share the information;
- When you use co-branded services within our network of sites, you grant us permission to pass your registration information back to that service partner. Their use of your information is subject to their applicable privacy policies.
What else should I know about my privacy when online?
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online – for example through e-mail, discussion lists, or elsewhere – that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your personal information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you’re online.
We are always seeking to improve our network of Web sites and our business. In accomplishing these objectives, we may sell a company, assets or websites or one or more of the companies in our corporate family may merge with, or be acquired by, another company. In connection with the foregoing, we may transfer some or all of your information in order that the service being provided to you may continue or for other business purposes.
Your Consent To This Agreement
Please note that your use of the J&K Apartments of Web sites is governed by our Legal Notice.